Horseback Riding Las Vegas
Sandy Valley Ranch is the perfect location for horseback riding near Las Vegas. We like to say, “We’re 45 minutes, and 100 years from Las Vegas.” Ride amongst the creosote bushes and tumbleweeds on a friendly horse, selected just for your ability.
Sandy Valley Ranch is the only dude ranch in the region where:
• You won’t be riding nose to tail. We ride in friendly groups.
• All rides are private. You will be riding with your friends and our wrangler/s only
• All rides are tailored to your individual riding ability
• Experienced riders can trot or gallop on designated rides.*
• You can work with our unruly cattle on round ups or in the arena rustling them into a pen.
*Your safety and the safety of our horses is our prime concern. It is entirely up to the judgment of our experienced professional wranglers to determine if you can safely trot or gallop.
Check out the prices for horseback riding below, and give us a call to get started on your western adventure!
SVR Pony Express
- Experience the thrill of galloping through the desert like the Pony Express did 200 years ago.
- Includes: Three hours or horseback riding and all the galloping you can handle.
- Subject to Wrangler assessment of ability to ride safely
SVR Cowboy Adventure
- One and a half hour ride through the mesquites and valleys of the mysterious Mojave Desert
- Includes: Riding instruction, horse walking and slow jogging only
- Can be daytime or sunset. You set the time.
SVR Long Ride
- Three hour horseback trail ride through the beautiful Mojave desert.
- Horse walking and a little trotting.
Rustling Cattle in the arena (some call it cattle sorting) after your trail ride.
- Includes trotting and possibly some galloping.
- Anyone can do it.
- One half hour.
- Enjoy a Cowboy meal in our cozy Ranch House.
- Deluxe Hamburger with all the fixins’ $20
- Mouth watering BBQ Chicken $30
- BBQ Ribs Best you’ve ever tasted $35
- Mouthwatering Steak $45
- All meals include coffee, tea, water, soda, and a slice of luscious homemade key lime pie.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
Frequently Asked Questions
It's been at least 20 years since I've been on a horse and my friend has never ridden. Can we still participate in these activities?
What is the youngest age a child can be to ride your horses?
What is the terrain like at Sandy Valley Ranch?
What should I wear and what are the temperatures at the ranch?
It’s best to wear long pants and cowboy boots or smooth soled shoes with heels. Tennis shoes work, just don’t let the horse step on you. Hiking boots with lug soles don’t work well, your foot could get stuck in the stirrup.
Most of the year it’s sunny and warm, but our daytime temperatures can range from the extremes of 100 plus degrees in the summer to 40 degrees in the winter. We ride in all seasons, so dress accordingly.